- Starter questions: What is a prime? How to test if a number is prime? Ideas about spacing? Can we find a formula? Maybe do this as a 5 minute brain storm and report session. This might be a chance to test pair/stand/share.
- Sieve of Eratosthenes. Most kids have seen this so maybe we want to do a large communal one on a giant piece of butcher paper.
- Proof by contradiction that primes are infinite based on factoring. (Do I need to review factoring?) This stresses again the need to do some simple examples of this technique early on.
- Something with Mersenne Primes?
- Ulam's Spiral. Preprint the graph to move the kids to the core of the activity quicker.
I still need to find a few appropriately leveled but interesting prime related problems.